Department Of Computational Biology
IIIT-Delhi aims to encourage research and innovation in Information Technology (IT) and allied areas. The objective of this department is to conduct outstanding research at the interface of biological sciences and computer science to bridge the gap between diverse biological streams, starting from biological networks to molecular biology, to computational fields including algorithm development, high performance computing etc. Through these activities:
- The CCB promotes advanced computation and informatics approaches to increase our understanding of normal and disease-associated biological processes, drug development, and therapeutic responses.
- The CCB stimulates and facilitates the collaboration among medical science biologists, clinical investigators and health care researchers.
- The CCB educates the next generation of computational biologists through direct participation in research activities
To be the leading center in the country for developing mathematical and computational techniques for understanding of biological systems and for developing solutions for problems in partnership with industry and research labs.
- Congratulations to Dr. Debarka Sengupta and authors for "McImpute: Matrix Completion Based Imputation for Single Cell RNA-seq Data" published in Frontiers in Genetics, January 2019. (FB Liink)
- MTech Thesis Defense of Biswadeep Khan.
Title: “Application of pattern mining on data of flavor molecules, their percepts and molecular features”
6 July, 3PM.
- MTech Thesis Defense of Divyanshu Srivastava.
Title: “Graph Signal Processing based analysis of biological networks”
14 July, 3PM.